Identity theft and identity fraud are terms used to refer to all types of crime in which someone wrongfully obtains and uses your personally identifiable information such as your name, Social Security number or credit card number.
What steps should I take if I discover a Time Warner Cable account was opened with my identity without my permission?
1. Download and fill out our Identity Theft Affidavit.
2. Email the affidavit, police report, and supporting documentation to TWC.email@example.com.
3. or fax to the same to 1-704-206-6727.
4. If you have any questions, please call us at 1-855-222-7342.
If you are a victim of identity theft, take the following steps immediately.
1. Keep detailed records of your conversations and copies of all correspondence.
2. Review your credit report and contact the credit bureaus for assistance.
3. Contact your bank to review account activity and ask about fraud protection.
4. File a report with your local police or the police in the community where the identity theft took place.
To learn how to protect yourself from identity theft, visit the Federal Trade Commission Identity Theft website.