The Password Reset Tool enables you to change your password via a web interface. Below is detailed information on how to change or reset your password.
Note: The Password Reset Tool will launch in a pop-up window. If you have a pop-up blocker turned on, you may need to adjust your browser settings to allow pop-ups.
1. Visit the Road Runner Password Reset Tool for assistance.
2. Select I know my Road Runner e-mail password and I want to change it, if you know your password. You will be directed to the Account Management page where you will be able to change your password.
If you do not know your password, select I don't know my Road Runner e-mail password. This option will take you to the screen below and you will be prompted to enter in your e-mail address.
3. Enter your e-mail address in the E-mail Address field and click the Submit button
4. If you have not been to the site before, you will be prompted for your Cable Modem ID. For instructions on how to locate your Cable Modem ID, visit the How to Check your Cable Modem ID FAQ page.
5. If you have used the Password Reset Tool before and set a security question, see Repeat Visitor section.
6. Enter your Cable Modem ID in the Modem ID field.
7. Click the Submit button.
8. You will then be asked to select a Security Verification Question and provide an answer for your selected Security Question.
Note: This answer will be used to verify your identity in the future for password retrieval.
9. Once you have entered in your Security Question and answer click the Reset Password button.
Your password will be reset and display as a random 8-digit number.
To choose a new easy to remember password visit the Self Care page.
1. If this isn't your first visit and you had previously set up a security question, you will be prompted to enter an Answer to the Security Verification Question from your prior visit.
Note: It is important that you enter the answer in the same upper/lower case characters that were used when you first set up your Security Question/Answer, an exact match is required.
2. Once you have entered in your answer in the Answer field, click the Reset Password button.
3. Your password will be reset and display as a random 8-digit number.
4. To choose a new easy to remember password visit the Self Care page.
For more Road Runner product/services information and support, visit our Email support topic.