Once you have purchased and connected a new modem from the TWC tested and approved list, you can call or chat with an agent to activate it:
- Locate the Cable Modem ID (MAC address) for your new modem, usually found on the bottom of the modem.
- Call TWC or Chat with an agent to activate your new modem:
- Call TWC (1-800-892-2253) to reach an agent.
- Chat with an agent – select option Buy or Lease your Modem.
- You will need to provide the agent with the Cable Modem ID (MAC address) for your new modem.
- The agent will activate the new modem on your account.
- Once your new modem is activated, drop off your leased TWC modem and the power cord at a TWC Store.
Please Note: Failure to return your leased modem and power cord may result in additional equipment charges and continuing monthly Internet Modem Lease charges.
For information on connecting your purchased modem, refer to the FAQs below:
I am a TWC Internet customer
I am both a TWC Internet and Home Phone customer