Yes, you can exchange a Time Warner Cable supplied modem at a Time Warner Cable office. Prior to exchanging your modem, please try the following:
- Tip: Check for loose connections. Verify that one end of the coaxial cable is securely connected to the wall outlet, and that the other end is securely connected to the cable modem.
- Make sure the power cord is securely connected.
- Check that one end of the Ethernet Cable is securely connected to the modem’s Ethernet port. Check that the other end of the cable is securely connected to the computer’s Ethernet port. If using a router, securely connect the Ethernet cable to the router’s Internet, WAN or modem port.
If the modem still has no power, you could have a faulty modem. Please bring the modem and the power adapter with photo ID of the account holder. For a list of Time Warner Cable locations where you may exchange your modem, visit the Find a Location section on the Contact Us page.
If the modem has power, and you are unable to connect to the internet, please reboot the modem.
Reboot the Modem and Router (if any)
- At this point, you’re ready to reset the modem. You may do so by pressing the reset button on the modem. If the modem does not have a reset button, you may reset it by unplugging the power cable from the modem (and your router if you are using one).
- Wait for approximately one minute for the modem to reset.
- If you have unplugged the power cable from the modem or router, plug your modem back in first, then your router. If you are using a router, allow about two minutes for the router to “sync” (i.e. reconnect) with the cable modem.
- Wait for the lights to stop blinking on the modem and wireless router if you have one. Allow up to two minutes for the router to “sync” with the cable modem.
- If you are connecting wirelessly, make sure you’re within range of your wireless router, and that the wireless connection on your computer is turned on.
If you are still unable to connect to the Internet, please contact us.
If after checking the cables and/or rebooting the modem there is still no power, contact us.