If you can’t connect to the Internet or you are experiencing slow connectivity, please reboot your modem and router if applicable.
You may also use the Speed Test tool to find out how fast your connection is.
For optimal computer performance for Time Warner Cable Internet, follow the recommended minimum system requirements.
Reboot the Modem and Router (if any)
- At this point, you’re ready to reset the modem. You may do so by pressing the reset button on the modem. If the modem does not have a reset button, you may reset it by unplugging the power cable from the modem (and your router if you are using one).
- Wait for approximately one minute for the modem to reset.
- If you have unplugged the power cable from the modem or router, plug your modem back in first, then your router. If you are using a router, allow about two minutes for the router to “sync” (i.e. reconnect) with the cable modem.
- Wait for the lights to stop blinking on the modem and wireless router if you have one. Allow up to two minutes for the router to “sync” with the cable modem.
- If you are connecting wirelessly, make sure you’re within range of your wireless router, and that the wireless connection on your computer is turned on.
If you are still unable to connect to the Internet, please Contact Us.