If your Internet is not functioning, please try each of the following steps:
- Tip: Check for loose connections. Verify that one end of the coaxial cable is securely connected to the wall outlet, and that the other end is securely connected to the cable modem.
- Make sure the power cord is securely connected.
- Check that one end of the Ethernet Cable is securely connected to the modem’s Ethernet port. Check that the other end of the cable is securely connected to the computer’s Ethernet port. If using a router, securely connect the Ethernet cable to the router’s Internet, WAN or modem port.
Reboot the Modem and Router (if any)
- At this point, you’re ready to reset the modem. You may do so by pressing the reset button on the modem.If the modem does not have a reset button, you may reset it by unplugging the power cable from the modem (and your router if you are using one).
- Wait for approximately one minute for the modem to reset.
- If you have unplugged the power cable from the modem or router, plug your modem back in first, then your router. If you are using a router, allow about two minutes for the router to “sync” (i.e. reconnect) with the cable modem.
- Wait for the lights to stop blinking on the modem and wireless router if you have one. Allow up to two minutes for the router to “sync” with the cable modem.
- If you are connecting wirelessly, make sure you’re within range of your wireless router, and that the wireless connection on your computer is turned on.
Restart Your Computer
- Locate and click Restart (usually positioned near Shut Down).
- Once your computer has restarted, open an Internet browser.
- Test your Internet connection by going to at least two websites.
Slow Internet Connectivity?
Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, hackers, spam, offensive websites and other Internet threats that can jeopardize your privacy and diminish PC performance. Explore Security Software
TWC Internet System Requirements
Follow the recommended and minimum system requirements for optimal computer performance.
Use the Speed Test tool to see how fast your Internet connection is.
If you're still experiencing problems after troubleshooting, contact us.