TWC Interent uses Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) to assign IP addresses dynamically. This means that you will not always have the same IP address.
If you are chatting one-on-one with a Technical Support Representative, you may be asked to provide your IP address to aide in troubleshooting your connection. To check your IP address:
Macintosh OS X:
- Select Network from System Preferences.
- Click the TCP/IP tab. Your IP address can be located within the IP Address field.
- Select Run from the Start menu.
- Type cmd and click the OK button.
- At the Command Prompt, type ipconfig /all. Your networking information, including your current IP address, is displayed.
- To exit the command prompt window type exit
- Go to the Start Menu and select Control Panel.
- Click on Network and Internet or you can click on Classic View from the left hand menu.
- Clicking on the Classic View link will show all Control Panel Icons. From here you click on the Network and Sharing Center icon.
- If you clicked the Network and Internet link you will need to click on the Network and Sharing Center link.
- In the Network and Sharing Center window select Manage network connections.
- Right click the Local Area Connection and select Status.
- In the Local Area Connection Status window, click Details...
- In the Network Connection Details window, we can find the IP Address and the rest of the connection details.