Supporting documentation requirements differ depending on which method is used for qualification.
Method 1: Participation in Federal or State assistance programs:
- Benefit Card
- Official document demonstrating that applicant, one or more of applicant’s dependents, or applicant’s household receives benefits from a qualifying program.
- Notice of letter of participation in qualifying program.
- Current or prior year’s statement of benefits from qualifying program.
Method 2: Income-based criteria.
- Three (3) consecutive months of pay stubs within the last 12 months.
- Most current state or federal income tax return.
- Most current Social Security, VA or retirement/pension statement of benefits.
- Current income statement or W-2 from an employer.
- Most current unemployment/worker’s compensation statement of benefits.
- Legal document showing current income (such as divorce decree or child support document)
Note: At this time, Lifeline Phone Credit is only available in New York and Wisconsin.