If you are unable to get a dial tone, please try the following steps:
1. Check all the phones in your home for a dial tone. Make sure that none are off the hook and have all been hung up.
2. If the lights are off on your modem, make sure the cord is plugged into a working power outlet. If the cord is plugged into a grounded outlet (3-prong with circuit breaker buttons), make sure the reset button is depressed. Check the circuit box in your home to make sure none of the breakers are tripped. Make sure the power cord is securely plugged into the modem and power outlet.
3. If the modem lights are on, but there is no dial tone, try plugging in a different phone into the same telephone jack. If dial tone is established, the original phone set is faulty.
4. If you are still unable to get dial tone, disconnect the cable from the modem to the telephone wall jack. Reconnect the phone directly to the modem telephone port. If dial tone is not established, please contact us to repair the faulty telephone wall jack.
5. If you are still unable to get a dial tone, please contact us on your cell phone or other available phone.