If you are experiencing issues with your home phone's dial tone, please try the following steps:
Verify Modem Connectivity:
- Check that your Cable TV is working.
- Check that you are able to connect to the Internet.
- If your TV, Internet, and Home Phone service are all not working, Contact Us; if they are working please continue.
- If you only have one phone number, the phone cable should be connected from the phone to "Line 1" on the back of the modem, and the coaxial cable should be connected from the cable outlet or splitter to the "Cable In" on the back of the modem.
- If you have a second phone number, the phone cable should be connected from the phone to "Line 2" on the back of the modem.
- Verify that cordless phones (if any) are plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Recheck the phone for a dial tone. If you have a dial tone, your line is working. If you don't have a dial tone, please continue.
Try Connecting Another Phone:
- Disconnect current phone.
- Connect the other phone.
- Recheck the dial tone.
- If a dial tone is established, your original handset or phone was faulty.
- If a dial tone is not established, please continue.
Verify Wall Jack:
- Disconnect the cable from the modem to the telephone wall jack.
- Reconnect the phone and modem to another telephone wall jack available in your home.
- If a dial tone is not established, please Contact Us to repair the faulty telephone wall jack.
- If a dial tone is not reestablished, please continue.
Power Off Modem:
- Unplug power cord from the back of the modem or directly from the electrical outlet.
- If the power light is still on, you have a battery backup, and will need to either remove the battery or use the reset button to power off the modem.
- Wait 5 minutes, then plug it back in.
- It can take up to 10 minutes for the modem to reset, verify a dial tone has been restored.
If you're still experiencing problems after troubleshooting, Contact Us.