By default, a DVR’s name is its unique MAC Address. This is usually a sequence of numbers, letters and colons (example: dvr 00:11:e6:ad:b0:32), which is not very user friendly. Within DVR Manager, you can change the name of each DVR to better identify them. (For example: “Living Room DVR” or “John’s DVR.”)
We recommend using a computer to change the name of your DVRs, since the process is not as easy on a mobile device.
To rename your DVRs on a computer:
- Scroll your cursor over the down arrow icon next the Current DVR text in the upper right corner of the DVR Manager.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, click the Edit Name link in the next to the DVR you want to rename.
- You should now be on the Edit DVR Name page. On the right side of the page is a list of programs scheduled to record on your selected DVR. Refer to this list to identify your selected DVR, and enter a new name for this DVR in the text field.
- Click the Submit button.
- You can repeat this renaming process for your other DVRs.
To rename your DVRs on a mobile device:
- Access the DVR Manager on your phone by going to your phone’s browser and then the Manage tab.
- Click the Manage My DVRs link toward the bottom of the page.
- Select the DVR you want to rename from the drop-down menu and click the Rename button.
- Enter a new name for the DVR you selected and click the Save button.