On the Remote:
1. Press the SETTINGS button. The Settings menu will appear with a list of horizontal categories and vertical options.
2. Use the LEFT or RIGHT arrow buttons to highlight Display in the horizontal list of categories.
3. Use the UP and DOWN arrow buttons to highlight Output Resolution. Press SELECT.
4. Use the UP and DOWN arrow buttons and select the resolutions that apply for your HDTV. The available options are (most newer TVs can use all of these):
480I (default) — 480 lines, interlaced
720P — 720 lines, progressive
480P — 480 lines, progressive
1080I — 1080 lines, interlaced
5. Press the SELECT button. A confirmation window appears.
6. Press the A button to accept the resolution or the C button not to accept. Select each resolution that you want to have passed through to the television. The selected resolutions appear with (●) bullets.
7. Press the EXIT button to dismiss the Settings menu.
*In some situations, to get Standard Definition channels to automatically stretch to wide screen, you need to change the Picture Size menu setting. This will NOT affect the High Definition channels.
1. Tune to Channel 1 on the Cable Box
2. Press the SETTINGS button.
3. The Settings menu appears with a list of horizontal categories and vertical options.
4. Use the LEFT or RIGHT arrow buttons to highlight the Display category.
5. Use the UP and DOWN arrow buttons to highlight Picture Size.
6. Press SELECT.
7. Use the UP and DOWN arrow buttons to select Stretch or Zoom.
8. Press the SELECT button.
9. Press the EXIT button on the remote to resume viewing.
TIP 1: For faster tuning, only select the highest supported resolution.
TIP 2: You should not need to set the resolution if you are using an HDMI cable to connect your set-top to your television