If your TV is not functioning, please try each of the following steps:
- Are all connections secure and "hand-tight"?
- Are you using the proper connectors and color coding? If you are using a set-top box, the cable coming from wall should be connected to the "IN" jack on the cable box.
- If you're not using a set-top box, the cable coming from the wall should be connected to the "IN" jack on the VCR, DVD player or directly to the TV.
Check the TV
- Is the proper input selected? (Channel 3, Input 1, Input 2, HDMI, etc)
- Are you an HD subscriber? If so, make sure your TV is on the correct input, i.e., component, HDMI, DVI.
- No HD? Please ensure your TV is on channel 3.
Check the Cable Box
- Is the cable box power on?
- Is the proper input selected?
Is Solar Interference impacting video signals?
Each year during February/March and September/October, Solar Interference, also known as sun outage, causes the degradation or loss of satellite signals for short periods of time throughout a two-week period.
As the sun's path across the sky changes on a daily basis, there are instances when it is in a direct line behind a satellite that is sending signals to a receiving dish here on Earth. When the dish antenna is looking directly into the sun, the interference from the sun’s radiation overrides the signals from the satellite.
- You may experience 1-5 minutes of interruption in your video service, with issues such as a black screen, image tiling, and image freezing.
- Service will resume once the satellite moves out of direct alignment with the sun, so no action is required.
Reboot the Cable Box
- Turn the TV off.
- Unplug the set-top box power cord from the power outlet/power strip.
- Wait 30 seconds while the set-top complete shuts off.
- Plug the set-top box power cord back into the power outlet/power strip.
- Wait for the current time or channel to display on the front of the set-top
- Turn the set-top box on.
- Turn the TV your on.
- Wait several minutes for the box to sync back with our system.
Note: If you have Navigator 2.5, simply press and hold the POWER button on your remote for 6 seconds and the set-top box will start the reboot process.
If you're still experiencing problems after troubleshooting, Contact Us.