Lease a Modem from TWC®
- We provide the appropriate modem for your Internet service plan and speed tier.
- Optimal security setting is set by default.
- TWC® makes upgraded equipment available to you at no additional cost if we update Internet plan speeds and when technology improves.
- Technical support for your modem/Wireless Gateway is guaranteed and available 24/7.
- A monthly lease fee applies.
- Return equipment if you cancel your service.
Buy Your Own Modem
- Purchase your modem from a local or online retailer.
- You are responsible for security settings on your wireless network.
- You may have to purchase a new modem to optimize performance whenever TWC® upgrades its speed tiers.
- TWC technical support for purchased modems/wireless gateways is not provided. You are responsible for the modem if it malfunctions.
- No monthly lease fee.
How to Select a Compatible Modem
Know Your Internet Plan:
In order to choose a compatible modem, you need to know your Internet plan name or the speed it can accommodate. You can find the name of your plan on your bill.
Choose the Right Modem:
All modems on this page support IPv6 and are compatible with TWC Internet service. You will experience the best performance if you select a modem that is recommended to support the speed of your Internet plan. Modems supporting a higher speed than your subscribed speed will also work.*
*Manufacturer’s stated maximum speed is based on technical capability under optimal testing conditions and is higher than actual usable speed, which is impacted by network traffic, an individual's speed plan and other variables. The appropriate TWC-recommended modem is required for the best possible experience of TWC speed plans. Actual speeds may vary.
What Can I Do Next?
Make sure you have the best plan for your needs, whether you’re adding Internet service or want to upgrade.
Purchase Your Modem
Time Warner Cable does not sell Internet modems. You can purchase a new modem from an online retailer or at your local retail store.
Activate Your Modem
After you have purchased and connected your modem, you’ll need to activate it.