Home WiFi Support
Learn the Home WiFi basics
Home WiFi is a wireless home network that allows your WiFi-enabled devices, such as laptops, printers, tablets, SMART TVs, smartphones, gaming devices, etc., to connect to the Internet and to one another without the use of wires. You can connect multiple devices at the same time, and it gives you the freedom to move from room to room and stay connected to the Internet from anywhere within the WiFi's signal range.
Manage your Home WiFi
If you need to change any of your WiFi settings, such as the name of your Home WiFi network or password, you need the Wireless Gateway passcode your technician records for you at the time of installation, usually in the back of the Welcome Guide. This is the code that enables you to get access to the settings inside the Wireless Gateway.
- Type http://192.168.0.1 in your browser's URL. This link works only when you are connected to your modem and TWC Internet service at home.
- Enter the username and passcode for your Wireless Gateway. If you don’t know the credentials for your Wireless Gateway you can look up your default settings at www.twc.com/wifisettings.
- Various settings will be available to you. To view/change your network name/password, look for WiFi (Connection settings).
- Save if you made changes.
For additional help with your settings, find the user guide for your equipment or call 1-800-892-4357.
- Installation and setup of your equipment
- Personalization of your network name, password and security settings
- 24/7 support for your equipment and service
Note: We do not support non-Time Warner Cable provided Wireless Gateways or routers. Please refer to your router’s manufacturer user guide for support.
When you subscribe to Time Warner Cable’s Home WiFi, we install a TWC-leased Wireless Gateway, a single box that functions as both an Internet modem and a wireless router. Depending on your location and subscribed speed plan, you can enjoy Wireless Gateways that use the latest WiFi standard 802.11ac, enabling you to get better, faster speed all over your home and increased bandwidth for multiple devices connected at the same time.
At the time of installation, your technician sets up your chosen network name (SSID) and network password and enables the best security setting (WPA2) on your Wireless Gateway. This will protect your Home WiFi network and keep unwanted users from accessing it. The technician will record your chosen network name and password in the back of your Welcome Guide so you can add a new device when needed or allow additional users to your network.
If you are installing our Wireless Gateway yourself using the Easy Connect Kit, please follow the steps outlined in your Easy Connect Guide.
How to connect
To connect your devices to the Wireless Gateway:
- Make sure the WiFi connection on your device is turned on.
- Click on Network Connections (setting name may vary by device).
- Select your new chosen network name (SSID).
- Enter your new network password.
As fast as our Home WiFi may be, WiFi connections aren't as fast as wired connections, so we have provided you with our top 10 tips for optimizing your experience and minimizing interference on your Home WiFi network.
If your WiFi is not connecting:
- Ensure the WiFi connection on your devices is turned on.
- Check all connections on your Wireless Gateway. You may find that a cord has become loose or has been pulled out.
- Reboot your Wireless Gateway. If there has been a cable problem in your area, it may be necessary to reboot the Wireless Gateway in order to re-establish a proper connection.
- Make sure you are within range of your Wireless Gateway.
- Restart your devices. This fixes a surprising amount of problems, especially those that have cropped up unexpectedly, or with no apparent cause.
- Check your cable TV (if applicable). If your TV is experiencing problems, your TWC Internet services are most likely affected as well.
- Check out our top 10 tips to maximize your Home WiFi performance page to ensure you have the optimal setup for your Home WiFi.
If none of these recommendations correct your problem, contact us.