- Continuing investments in new technology, job growth bring several improvements
New York, NY – June 21, 2010 – According to the top customer care executive at the company’s New York City Region, listening to customers is still the best way to learn what they’re thinking.
“We interact with customers every minute of every day, 24/7/365, either in their homes or on the phone, which in turn gives us the opportunity to be keenly aware of their needs and interests,” stated Jeffrey Hirsch, President, Residential Services for the New York City Region. “Our nearly million-and-a-half customers told us of their pressing need to save time on home visits. We listened and made several significant service improvements, some visible to customers, some behind the scenes, but all positively affect our customer care operation,” he explained.
Shortened Appointment Windows
- Service and installation appointment timeframes have been cut back from four hours to three, shaving 25% off the wait time for a technician.
- Thousands of the company’s field employees speed up the home diagnostic process by using laptop computers loaded with web-based diagnostic tools. This portable evaluation software results in a quicker repair and less time for the customer to remain at home.
Improvements in the Queens Call Center
- A new $5 million dollar telephone switch installed in the company’s Flushing office in early June is equipped to improve internal call routing and expected to thereby shorten the average time required to answer an inquiry, make an appointment or check a payment.
- The installation of state-of-the-art voice recognition technology means it will be easier for customers to opt for “self-service” rather than waiting for a representative.
- Increasing the workforce in Call Centers throughout its service area as well as Technical Centers in Brooklyn and elsewhere, together with specialized software to facilitate better appointment routing have enabled the company to increase service appointments to seven days a week in many areas.
A new West Side location
- In late May, a new customer center was opened on 96th Street and Broadway in upper Manhattan with hours until 7 PM weekdays and as early as 8 AM on Saturdays. This $5 million dollar center is steps away from the subway and has made it simple and easy for West Siders to transact business closer to home, saving time by not commuting to the 23d Street center. Some two dozen jobs were created to staff this center, which revitalized a corner long underutilized.
“Shortened appointment windows means New Yorkers save personal time – a rare commodity,” Hirsch added. “Adding skilled customer-facing staff, portable diagnostic equipment, new hardware and software as well as a new West Side location set the foundation for this significant reduction in wait time for home visits and Sunday appointments in some areas. Together, these steps demonstrate that customers’ priorities are top of mind for us,” Hirsch added.
Businesses are also benefitting by the reduction in wait time for technicians and accessible, faster diagnostics in technicians’ tool-kits. The company’s suite of customizable business products and solutions, combined with enhanced customer care are designed to boost productivity for both small and large businesses.
About Time Warner Cable’s New York City Region
Time Warner Cable’s New York City Region serves over 1.4 million customers in four NYC boroughs (Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and western Brooklyn), Mt. Vernon, Hudson Valley (Orange, Sullivan, Ulster Counties and parts of Dutchess, Greene and Delaware Counties) and Bergen and Hudson Counties, New Jersey. Visit www.timewarnercable.com/nynj.
Time Warner Cable is the second-largest cable operator in the U.S., with technologically advanced, well-clustered systems located in five geographic areas — New York State (including New York City), the Carolinas, Ohio, southern California (including Los Angeles) and Texas. Time Warner Cable serves more than 14 million customers who subscribe to one or more of its video, high-speed data and voice services. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers a suite of phone, Internet, Ethernet and cable television services to businesses of all sizes. Time Warner Cable Media Sales, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions that are targeted and affordable. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.timewarnercable.com, www.twcbc.com and www.twcmediasales.com.