New York, NY July 22, 2013 –Time Warner Cable has released the latest version of its My TWC™ App (4.0), providing its customers greater convenience and flexibility in managing their TWC residential services. With the enhanced app, customers now can diagnose and troubleshoot equipment issues, get up to the minute service alerts in their area, view real-time account information and more, directly from their phone or tablet.
Since first launched in December 2011, more than 1.2 million customers have downloaded the My TWC App for instant access to favorite features like VoiceZone, bill pay and service appointment management. The enhanced app is now available for download in Google Play and the Apple App store and offers:
• Troubleshooting Tools – Now customers can select a symptom that describes the issue with the customer's TV, Internet or Home Phone service, and the app will determine a possible solution, including the option to reboot or reauthorize equipment to resolve the issue. By tapping on the Reboot button, a reboot "box hit"is sent to the device.
• Service Alerts – Customers can check for notifications of known outages affecting their services as well as updates when available. The app also performs an analysis on equipment to determine a potential outage.
• Improved Billing Information – Customers can see activity on their account in real-time and view more extensive billing information including payment history for up to the past 10 payments.
• Redesigned Home Screen – Improved for easy, intuitive navigation and an instant view of key account information such as billing balance, voicemail quantities and appointments.
• Convenient Access to all TWC Apps – Easily access all TWC apps from a single directory, plus a dedicated screen for TWC WiFi™.
"These latest enhancements give customers even more control over their TWC products and their service experience," said John Keib, EVP and Chief Care and Technical Operations Officer for Time Warner Cable. "Our customers also want and expect no-hassle, real-time information about their entertainment and communications services. These expanded support features do exactly that."