The following four new high definition channels will be available on July 23, 2008 in Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island:
- Biography Channel in HD – movies, documentaries and original short features profiling historic figures, entertainers and other notable individuals. Available on Channel 763.
- Starz Edge HD – current films and the best of Starz programming (available free to customers with Starz) on Channel 677.
- Starz Kids & Family HD – movies for all members of the family (available free to customers with Starz) on Channel 678.
- Starz Comedy HD – non-stop comedy films and segments (available free to customers with Starz) on Channel 681.
HD Movies On Demand is now available in Hudson Valley:
- HD Movies On Demand – instant 24-hour access to HD Movies On Demand anytime with the click of the remote. Over 20 titles available each month on Channel 700 in Hudson Valley and Staten Island.
The following three channels will be available to all DTV en Español customers on July 23:
- Ecuavisa – an Ecuadorian service consisting primarily of telenovelas, family entertainment, and educational programs. They also feature unique remakes of popular international programs, such as “Kliffor”, a remake of The Cosby Show. Available on Channel 826.
- Telemicro – news programs, talk shows, movies and dramas from the Dominican Republic. Available on Channel 810.
- WAPA America – movies, comedy, telenovelas, sports, and their premiere news program, Noticentro, from Puerto Rico. Available on Channel 806.
GOL TV will be available to customers on August 6:
- GOL TV – 24-hour soccer network including news, highlights, World Cup and Olympic game broadcasts. GOL TV will be available as part of DTV en Español (Spanish) on Channel 820; and as part of the Sports Tier (English) on Channel 459. Visit www.timewarnercable.com/nynj for a list of other networks available on Sports Tier.
Special FREEVIEW of GOL TV - all digital customers can tune in to Channel 199 from July 24 to August 6 for a FreeView of GOL TV in English and Spanish (SAP).
The following Free On Demand channel will be available to all digital customers on July 31:
- News & World – features instant access to top news programming including CNN and the latest stories and happenings from around the world. Available on Channel 1015.
The following two digital channels will be available on July 23, 2008:
- Biography Channel – movies, documentaries and original short features profiling historic figures, entertainers and other notable individuals. Available on Channel 143 in Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island.
- History International – original programming from around the world including history, current events, documentaries, short features and interviews with historians. Available on Channel 130 in Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island.
An HD digital converter is required to receive HD channels. For a complete channel listing, visit www.timewarnercable.com/nynj. To order Time Warner Cable service, call 1-800-OK-CABLE or visit the website.
About Time Warner Cable’s New York City Region
Time Warner Cable’s New York City region serves over 1.4 million customers in four NYC boroughs (Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and western Brooklyn), Mt. Vernon, Hudson Valley (Orange, Sullivan, Ulster Counties and parts of Dutchess, Greene and Delaware Counties) and Bergen and Hudson Counties, New Jersey. Visit timewarnercable.com/nynj
Time Warner Cable is the second-largest cable operator in the U.S., with technologically advanced, well-clustered systems located mainly in five geographic areas – New York State (including New York City), the Carolinas, Ohio, southern California (including Los Angeles) and Texas. As of March 31, 2008, Time Warner Cable served approximately 14.7 million customers who subscribed to one or more of its video, high-speed data and voice services, representing approximately 33.0 million revenue generating units.