The following new channels will be available on September 18:
- Showtime 2 HD – features box office favorites, “catch-up marathons” of Showtime Original Series and SHO Sports Presents, an exclusive series airing every weeknight featuring the best of Showtime Championship Boxing, ShoBox: The New Generation, mixed martial arts (MMA) matches and the ShoXC: Elite Challenger Series. Available to Showtime subscribers on Channel 667 in Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island.
The following channels will be available to digital (DTV) customers:
- Jewish Life TV – a 24-hour network offering Jewish-themed programming including news, movies, documentaries, sports, music, cooking and more. Available on Channel 120 in all systems, except Hudson Valley which is Channel 137.
- LATV – features a range of content that includes multi-genre music, lifestyle and entertainment in both English and Spanish. Available on Channel 166.
- The Africa Channel – offers the African Continent’s television programs (in English) including biographies, current business analysis, cultural and historic programming, travel and lifestyle series, talk shows, soap operas, music, feature films and more. Available on Channel 87.
The following International Premium channel will be available to digital customers:
- Filmy – offers Indian Hindi films including Bollywood blockbusters, premieres, short films and shows. Available on Channel 562 for $14.95 per month a la carte or less when combined with other International Premium Channels.
The following channel will be available to DTV en Español customers:
- History en Español – a 24-hour network featuring a wide range of Spanish-language programming that focuses on the great moments and events as well as the pivotal figures in history. Available on Channel 838.
An HD digital converter is required to receive HD channels. For a complete channel listing, visit www.twcnyc.com. To order Time Warner Cable service, call 1.800.OKCable or visit the website.
About Time Warner Cable’s New York City Region
Time Warner Cable’s New York City Region serves over 1.4 million customers in four NYC boroughs (Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and western Brooklyn), Mt. Vernon, Hudson Valley (Orange, Sullivan, Ulster Counties and parts of Dutchess, Greene and Delaware Counties) and Bergen and Hudson Counties, New Jersey. Visit www.twcnyc.com.
Time Warner Cable is the second-largest cable operator in the U.S., with technologically advanced, well-clustered systems located mainly in five geographic areas — New York State (including New York City), the Carolinas, Ohio, southern California (including Los Angeles) and Texas. As of June 30, 2008, Time Warner Cable served approximately 14.7 million customers who subscribed to one or more of its video, high-speed data and voice services, representing approximately 33.6 million revenue generating units.