New York, NY – October 20, 2010 – Time Warner Cable’s New York City area today launched the following high-definition channels for its customers:
- Africa Channel HD – showcases television series, specials, documentaries feature films, music, event specials, biographies, soap operas, current business analysis, cultural and historical programs shows that reflect the people of Africa, their incredible stories, daily lives, music and art, celebrations and challenges. Available on Channel 787.
- GSN HD (Game Show Network) – features original and classic game programming, competitive entertainment and popular TV game shows. Available on Channel 693.
- Ovation HD – this channel appeals to a multi-generational audience with programming that features a different theme or genre each night -- performance, people, visual arts, music and film -- with weekends devoted to original and event programming. Available on Channel 783.
In addition, some channels will change location, including:
- Encore HD – from Channel 682 and 275 to Channel 275
- ESPN News HD – from Channel 792 to Channel 478
- ESPN U HD – from Channel 793 to Channel 479
- MAV TV HD – from Channel 787 to Channel 647
- MGM HD – from Channel 796 to Channel 650
- MLB Network HD – from Channel 783 to Channel 489
- NBA TV HD – from Channel 461 to Channel 488
- Reelz HD – from Channel 650 to Channel 683 (also on Channel 283)
- Smithsonian HD – from Channel 795 to Channel 649
- Smithsonian On Demand HD – from Channel 794 to Channel 648
- Team HD – from Channel 411 to Channel 412
A complete list of October 20 channel changes can be viewed at http://www.timewarnercable.com/nynj/learn/programming/channels.
It is important for customers to note that when channel changes occur, it’s a good time to reset Parental Controls, particularly when blocking by Channel. We encourage customers to revisit Parental Control settings periodically.
An HD digital converter is required to receive HD channels. For a complete channel listing, visit www.timewarnercable.com/nynj. To order Time Warner Cable service, call 877-TWC-2805 or visit the website.
About Time Warner Cable’s New York City Area
Time Warner Cable’s New York City footprint serves over 1.4 million customers in four NYC boroughs (Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and western Brooklyn), Mt. Vernon, Hudson Valley (Orange, Sullivan, Ulster Counties and parts of Dutchess, Greene and Delaware Counties) and Bergen and Hudson Counties, New Jersey. Visit www.timewarnercable.com/nynj.
Time Warner Cable is the second-largest cable operator in the U.S., with technologically advanced, well-clustered systems located in five geographic areas — New York State (including New York City), the Carolinas, Ohio, southern California (including Los Angeles) and Texas. Time Warner Cable serves more than 14 million customers who subscribe to one or more of its video, high-speed data and voice services. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers a suite of phone, Internet, Ethernet and cable television services to businesses of all sizes. Time Warner Cable Media Sales, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions that are targeted and affordable. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.timewarnercable.com, www.twcbc.com and www.twcmediasales.com.