New York, NY – August 18, 2009 – Time Warner Cable announced the addition of several HD and digital channels in New York City beginning tomorrow. Time Warner Cable HD customers will have access to over 100 HD channels in New York City including sports, entertainment, premium, music and children’s networks.
“New Yorkers deserve the greatest selection and widest variety of HD choices,” said Barbara Kelly, Regional Vice President of Programming and Product Development. “With the majority of our HD channels included free with digital service, Time Warner Cable offers a simple and easy way to get the most HD channels compared to any provider today.”
The following HD channels are free with digital service:
- BBC America HD – features U.S. premieres and British favorites including dramas, comedies, documentaries and world class news. Available on channel 685.
- HSN HD – offers an assortment of exclusive products combined with top brand names and experts, entertainment, solutions, tips and ideas to provide a unique shopping experience. Available on channel 739.
- Headline News HD – 24-hour news presented in a thirty-minute format offering a view of the world from emerging news to the latest in business, sports, health, entertainment and more. Available on channel 758.
- Outdoor Channel HD – offers programming that captures the excitement of hunting, fishing, shooting, off-road motorsports, adventure and the Western lifestyle. Available on channel 480.
- Turner Classic Movies (TCM) HD – features commercial-free classic movies from Turner Entertainment, MGM, United Artists and RKO film titles from the 1920’s forward. Available on channel 782.
The following On Demand channels will be available with digital service:
- Big Ten HD On Demand – first nationally distributed network dedicated to covering one of the premier collegiate conferences in the country. Available as part of Sports Tier on channel 471*.
- Smithsonian HD On Demand – features original non-fiction programming that covers a wide range of historical, scientific and cultural subjects. Available as part of HD Xtra Tier on channel 794*.
The following channels are available with digital service:
- World – offers documentaries, public affairs and news for people who want to know what's happening in their own backyards, across the country, or around the globe. Available on channel 164.
- Create – features instructional programs on cooking, arts and crafts, gardening, home improvement and travel. Available on channel 169.
*These channels will be available on all HD converters by August 27.
An HD digital converter is required to receive HD channels. For a complete channel listing,
visit TWCnyc.com. To order Time Warner Cable service, call 877-TWC-2805 or visit the website.
About Time Warner Cable’s New York City Region
Time Warner Cable’s New York City Region serves over 1.4 million customers in four NYC boroughs (Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and western Brooklyn), Mt. Vernon, Hudson Valley (Orange, Sullivan, Ulster Counties and parts of Dutchess, Greene and Delaware Counties) and Bergen and Hudson Counties, New Jersey. Visit TWCnyc.com.
Time Warner Cable is the second-largest cable operator in the U.S., with technologically advanced, well-clustered systems located in five geographic areas — New York State (including New York City), the Carolinas, Ohio, southern California (including Los Angeles) and Texas. Time Warner Cable serves more than 14 million customers who subscribe to one or more of its video, high-speed data and voice services. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers a suite of phone, Internet, Ethernet and cable television services to businesses of all sizes. Time Warner Cable Media Sales, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions that are targeted and affordable. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.timewarnercable.com, www.twcbc.com and www.twcmediasales.com.