New York City – During the last few months, Time Warner Cable launched 17 acclaimed entertainment and news channels for TV customers in the New York City area. The expanded channel lineup includes many multicultural channels, reflecting the diverse community that Time Warner Cable proudly serves in the metropolitan area. The new channels include:
- ABP News – Formerly STAR India NEWS, APB News is India's 24/7 news channel, available on Channel 568.
- ASPiRE – A TV network from Magic Johnson Enterprises, ASPiRE offers a unique mix of original and groundbreaking programming for African American viewers including movies, comedy, faith and inspirational shows, available on Channel 171.
- Azteca America – Features popular Mexican shows, news, sports and entertainment, available on Channel 192.
- Life OK – An entertainment channel from India, Life OK features a mix of unique entertainment including family sagas, comic dramas, love stories, thrillers, mythologies and non-fiction programs, available on Channel 566.
- Myx TV – Features Asian American programming including magazine talk shows, interactive music video countdowns, reality shows, independent film and Asian cinema, and animation, available on Channel 541.
- STAR India GOLD – Brings audiences a range of films for the entire family showcasing Bollywood’s most legendary stars and filmmakers, available on Channel 567.
- STAR India PLUS – Features soap operas, comedies, reality shows, game shows, Bollywood Blockbusters and special events, available on Channel 565.
- The Israeli Network – Provides Israeli programming including news, drama, comedy, talk shows, entertainment, sports, culture and religion, available on Channel 529.
- UTV Movies – A movie channel providing blockbuster Bollywood films from India, available on Channel 574.
“Time Warner Cable understands the need to offer rich, diverse programming to the many cultures and communities we serve in New York City,” said John Quigley, Time Warner Cable’s Regional Vice President of Operations for NYC. “We continue to expand our multicultural content and add to our growing list of international channels, providing an exciting mix of news and entertainment so New Yorkers can enjoy TV better. Time Warner Cable looks forward to announcing even more international channels coming to our line-up later this year.”
In addition, Time Warner Cable launched the following new channels:
- MTV2 HD – Airs a selection of music videos, sports and other programming in HD geared towards youth and pop culture, available on Channel 793.
- MTV Hits – Features popular music videos, celebrity guests, latest entertainment news and gossip, available on Channel 179.
- MTV Jams – Features music videos and popular music programming, available on Channel 178.
- NFL Network and NFL Network HD– Features 13 primetime NFL regular season games from September through December and more than 2,500 hours per year of original programming including the new four-hour NFL AM weekday morning show, Top 10, Playbook, NFL Replay, available on Channel 176 and 462.
- NFL RedZone and NFL RedZone HD – Keeps fans up-to-date in real time, switching from game to game with live look-ins, highlights and a chance to see the most exciting moments as they happen, available on Channel 177 and 463 as part of Time Warner Cable Sports Pass package.
- TV Land HD – Programming includes original sitcoms and classic TV shows now in HD, available on Channel 794.
A complete list of the international channels, packages and pricing can be viewed at http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/residential-home/tv/premiums.html.
Time Warner Cable’s New York City service area includes Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and western Brooklyn, Mt. Vernon, NY, as well as Bergen and Hudson Counties in New Jersey.
To receive all services, Digital TV and lease of a Digital set-top box are required. An HD TV and HD converter are required to receive these channels. Some services are not available to CableCARD customers. Not all equipment supports all services. Subject to change without notice.
About Time Warner Cable
Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE: TWC) is among the largest providers of video, high‐speed data and voice services in the United States, connecting more than 15 million customers to entertainment, information and each other. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers data, video and voice services to businesses of all sizes, cell tower backhaul services to wireless carriers and, through its NaviSite subsidiary, managed and outsourced information technology solutions and cloud services. Time Warner Cable Media, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.timewarnercable.com, www.twcbc.com, www.navisite.com, and www.twcmedia.com.
Follow us on Twitter @TWCable_NYC