Kansas City – Connecting wirelessly to the Internet in Kansas City is now a lot easier, as Time Warner Cable (TWC) today announced the launch of TWC WiFi, the company’s new, innovative service that is free to all TWC customers with Standard and above Internet plans, as well as Starter Internet customers.
With today’s launch, customers can now access TWC WiFi at popular Kansas City locations such as the River Market, Crossroads District/Downtown Kansas City, 18th and Vine District, Brookside, Waldo, Westport and Loose Park.
Time Warner Cable plans to continue to expand the TWC WiFi network to additional popular locations in the Kansas City area in the coming months. A full list of Kansas City area locations where TWC WiFi is currently available can be found at the bottom of this release.
“Time Warner Cable is committed to making Internet access fast, easy and available when and where customers want it,” said Perry Watson, TWC area vice president of operations. “Today, people are on the go but still want to remain connected, and TWC WiFi is the perfect fit for customers with an active lifestyle.”
TWC WiFi customers also have access to more than 60,000 TWC WiFi and partner hotspots across the country in cities such as New York, Charlotte, Detroit, Indianapolis, Tampa and Los Angeles.
To access TWC WiFi, customers will need to log in using their Time Warner Cable email address and password. This information can be found at https://help.rr.com/HMSpwd/ptMainNav.aspx or by calling 1-877-566-4892.
For non-TWC customers, or TWC customers who do not have a Standard or above Internet plan or Starter Internet, a TWC WiFi “Access Pass” is available that allows the use of TWC WiFi service for a fee. Access Passes are available in various blocks of time.
Steps for TWC customers to access TWC WiFi
1. Turn your WiFi feature ON.
2. Select TWC WiFi network from your connection options.
3. Open an Internet browser.
4. Enter your TWC email address and password on the WiFi sign-in screen.
5. You’re connected to TWC WiFi.
TWC WiFi is currently available at the following locations in the Kansas City area
- River Market
- 18th and Vine District
- Crossroads District/Downtown KC
- Trolley Trail
- OP Farmer’s Market
- Downtown Parkville
- Downtown Leavenworth
- Loose Park
- Liberty Square
- Blue Valley Rec
- 3&2 Ball Park (West)
Customers can call 1-888-851-9350 or visit www.twc.com/wifi to learn more about TWC WiFi. TWC WiFi zones can be identified by visiting www.twc.com/wificoverage and by using the TWC WiFi Finder App, which can be downloaded from Google Play or the iTunes App Store.
TWC WiFi fast facts:
- In the Kansas City area, TWC WiFi is available at no additional charge to TWC customers with Standard and above Internet plans, as well as Starter Internet customers.
- Customers can currently access TWC WiFi at 14 popular locations in the Kansas City area, and more locations will be added to TWC’s Kansas City WiFi network in the coming months.
- TWC WiFi customers also have access to more than 60,000 TWC WiFi and partner hotspots across the country in cities such as New York, Charlotte, Detroit, Indianapolis, Tampa and Los Angeles.
- Non-TWC customers, or TWC customers that do not have a qualifying Internet plan, also have the ability to purchase a TWC WiFi “Access Pass.” Access Passes allow the use of TWC WiFi service for a fee and are available in various blocks of time.
About Time Warner Cable
Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE: TWC) is among the largest providers of video, high‐speed data and voice services in the United States, connecting more than 15 million customers to entertainment, information and each other. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers data, video and voice services to businesses of all sizes, cell tower backhaul services to wireless carriers and, through its NaviSite subsidiary, managed and outsourced information technology solutions and cloud services. Time Warner Cable Media, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.timewarnercable.com, www.twcbc.com, www.navisite.com, and www.twcmedia.com.