New York, NY – In an important milestone towards providing better customer service in the New York City area, Time Warner Cable today announced substantial improvements in how it offers and fulfills service and installation appointments for residential customers. NYC’s leading TV, Internet and Home Phone provider now offers:
- one-hour appointment windows in much of its NYC service area;
- expanded nighttime appointment windows through 10 PM every day (through 11 PM in Lower and Midtown Manhattan);
- expanded Saturday and Sunday appointments;
- and a new communications system via SMS text message that informs a customer the moment the technician is en route to the appointment.
“New Yorkers have made it loud and clear that they want, and expect, exceptional service from us,” said John Quigley, Regional Vice President of Operations. “We’ve listened to our customers and have greatly revamped our operations to provide far better appointment choices, options and overall service. The Better Guarantee and new window appointments are central to our goal of providing quality service without disrupting the lives of busy New Yorkers. Our nearly 4,000 local employees are committed to help New Yorkers enjoy Time Warner Cable better.”
The company continues to provide a 30-day money back guarantee for new customers, which includes a refund on standard installation and monthly service charges. “The Better Guarantee” underscores that Time Warner Cable’s performance has improved overall with faster Internet speeds and newly enhanced entertainment products including new TV viewing apps on Apple, Android and Roku devices, expanded On Demand libraries and more.
Overview of expanded appointment options, enhanced customer communications and guarantee:
- One-Hour Appointment Windows: Less time waiting for technicians for installation or service appointments. Time Warner Cable now provides customers the option of a one-hour appointment window in Manhattan, Staten Island, Bergen County, NJ and Mt. Vernon, NY. The new window expands to Queens and Brooklyn in June. In most cases, next-day appointments are available.
- Nighttime Appointments: Time Warner Cable now schedules appointments later into the evenings when many consumers are home from work. The last appointment window is now 10 - 11 PM seven days a week in Lower and Midtown Manhattan and until 10 PM in its other NYC service areas.
- Weekend Appointments: Time Warner Cable offers appointments every day on a full schedule, especially important to customers who work during the week and need more flexibility in scheduling service and installation appointments.
- Text Alerts: Gone are the days when a customer doesn’t know when a technician will arrive. Time Warner Cable has implemented an Auto ETA (Electronic Trackable Appointments) system that will notify customers when a technician is immediately on the way. Customers can choose if they want to be contacted via email, SMS text message and/or a phone call.
- The Better Guarantee: To demonstrate its confidence in customer service and operations improvements, Time Warner Cable is offering a 30-day money back guarantee for new customers who switch to Time Warner Cable.
Twitter and Online Customer Care:
The improvements announced today continue Time Warner Cable’s commitment to strengthen its overall customer service operations. Time Warner Cable was one of the industry’s first companies to leverage Twitter (@TWC_Help) for customer service and technical support, and also helped pioneer “live chat” to complement conventional customer service operations.
Time Warner Cable also is investing in community non-profits throughout New York City. Through its award-winning Learning Labs initiative, Time Warner Cable is locating state-of-the-art technology centers in community centers and similar facilities to provide New Yorkers with access to computers, e-learning programs and high-speed Internet.
Time Warner Cable’s New York City service area includes Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, western Brooklyn and Mt. Vernon, NY, as well as Bergen and Hudson counties in New Jersey.
About Time Warner Cable
Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE: TWC) is among the largest providers of video, high‐speed data and voice services in the United States, connecting more than 15 million customers to entertainment, information and each other. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers data, video and voice services to businesses of all sizes, cell tower backhaul services to wireless carriers and, through its NaviSite subsidiary, managed and outsourced information technology solutions and cloud services. Time Warner Cable Media, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.timewarnercable.com, www.twcbc.com, www.navisite.com, and www.twcmedia.com.