San Diego, CA, October 14, 2008 –– Time Warner Cable announced today the addition of six new popular high definition channels and four new standard-definition channels to its line-ups in San Diego County. The new channels are highly requested HD versions of networks such as CNN, Discovery, Disney, Animal Planet, TLC, and more.
Time Warner Cable’s additions bring its total number of HD offerings to nearly double what the HD channel count was one year ago.
In addition, the company announced the addition of History en Español to its Spanish language package, Nuestra Tele, as well as the additions of Daystar Television Network and Universal Sports. BYU TV has also been added to Time Warner Cable’s lineups.
Time Warner Cable is pleased to offer the following new channels to customers in San Diego County:
• Animal Planet HD, channel 764 –– offers a full range of 24-hour animal programming including wildlife documentaries, pet care know-how, drama, family entertainment, event reportage and classic TV.
• CNN HD, channel 726 –– provides 24-hour news including live coverage and analysis of breaking news, and a range of programs covering business, weather, sports, entertainment, health and science news, as well as debate, interview and talk shows in HD.
• Discovery HD, channel 743 –– features exclusive programs from Discovery’s worldwide library of content focused primarily on popular science, technology, anthropology and history, in addition to original programming.
• Disney Channel HD, channel 763 –– brings the best in programming for kids and families.
• The Learning Channel HD (TLC HD), channel 755 –– features documentaries on history, human behavior and science, commercial-free programs for preschoolers and "how-to" programs featuring expert advice from the pros on cooking, gardening and home improvement, including “Trading Space” and “Junkyard Wars."
• Science Channel HD, channel 780 –– the only network devoted entirely to the wonders of science.
• History Channel en Español, channel 303 –– gives Spanish speaking viewers an unparalleled view of history with stunning clarity and rich perspective that they will find nowhere else on the television landscape.
• Daystar Television Network, channel 267 –– offers an extensive blend of interdenominational and multi-cultural programming.
• Universal Sports, channel 136 –– features year round, in depth coverage of sports such as track & field, skiing, swimming, gymnastics and cycling, volleyball, marathons, Karate, speed skating and Taekwondo.
• BYU TV, channel 268 –– brings content from Brigham Young University and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Its programs center around religion and life style, music and some sporting events.
“By increasing our HD channel offerings, Time Warner Cable ensures customers can get the most out of their HDTVs and watch what they want, when they want, in HD,” said Marc Farrar, Vice President of Public Affairs for the San Diego division. “Time Warner Cable is excited to be delivering highly requested HD channels to our customers and will continue to make new HD choices available,” said Farrar.
With Time Warner Cable’s Digital Cable, customers get local channels, favorite cable and sports networks in HD at no extra cost.
About Time Warner Cable San Diego Division:
More than 1,400 local employees serve customers in the San Diego division with cable television, high speed online and home telephone services over a fiber-rich broadband network.
Time Warner Cable is the second-largest cable operator in the U.S., with technologically advanced, well-clustered systems located mainly in five geographic areas — New York state (including New York City), the Carolinas, Ohio, southern California (including Los Angeles) and Texas. As of June 30, 2008, Time Warner Cable served approximately 14.7 million customers who subscribed to one or more of its video, high-speed data and voice services, representing approximately 33.6 million revenue generating units. More information is available at www.twcsd.com.