Lincoln (April 18, 2012) – Time Warner Cable (TWC) Nebraska announced today that it will produce and broadcast nine races from local track Eagle Raceway this year.
Time Warner Cable’s racing coverage will start with this Saturday’s “Ice Breaker Challenge,” featuring NASCAR star Tony Stewart.
All of Time Warner Cable’s local racing broadcasts will be available on Nebraska On Demand channel 411 two days after the race. They will also air on Time Warner Cable Metro Sports (TWC channel 310) in the week following the race.
“These Eagle Raceway events are very popular with our customers, and we’re excited that we can provide so many high-quality local broadcasts again this year,” said TWC spokesperson Dave Borchardt.
Time Warner Cable Nebraska's 2012 Local Racing Broadcast Schedule:
• Ice Breaker Challenge (preseason race) - available on Nebraska On Demand beginning Apr. 23
• Season Opener - available on Nebraska On Demand beginning Apr. 30
• Diva Dash Super Mom’s Tribute - available on Nebraska On Demand beginning May 14
• Memorial Day Super-ganza - available on Nebraska On Demand beginning May 28
• Freedom Fest Fireworks Super-ganza - available on Nebraska On Demand beginning July 2
• Kid’s Night Super Bike Giveaway - available on Nebraska On Demand beginning July 23
• Rumble in the Bullring - available on Nebraska On Demand beginning Aug. 5
• Super Corn Head Classic (season finale) – available on Nebraska On Demand beginning Aug. 27
• Nebraska Cup – available on Nebraska On Demand beginning Sept. 11
Located on channel 411 on the digital tier, Nebraska On Demand is Time Warner Cable’s free digital channel devoted to local sports, business news, education, arts and entertainment.
To view Time Warner Cable’s local racing broadcasts, customers need to go to channel 411 and then to the “Sports” category. Using their digital remote control, viewers can find the “Racing” tab and then select the race they want to watch.
In addition to racing, Nebraska On Demand also airs Huskers practice reports, postgame interviews and analysis, NET’s “Big Red Wrap-up,” area high school sports and more.
About Time Warner Cable
Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE: TWC) is among the largest providers of video, high-speed data and voice services in the United States, connecting more than 15 million customers to entertainment, information and each other. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers data, video and voice services to businesses of all sizes, cell tower backhaul services to wireless carriers and, through its NaviSite subsidiary, managed and outsourced information technology solutions and cloud services. Time Warner Cable Media, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.timewarnercable.com, www.twcbc.com, www.navisite.com, and www.twcmedia.com.