New York, NY – June 13, 2007 – Beginning tomorrow, Time Warner Cable of New York and New Jersey will offer several new channels:
• ESPN Deportes – a 24-hour Spanish-language sports network, providing a diverse selection of sporting events including coverage of the NBA, NFL, UEFA Champions League, Dominican Baseball League, MLB, X Games and Boxing, as well as Spanish-Language studio shows, including SportsCenter. Available to DTV en Español customers on Channel 821.
• ESPN2 in HD – the second largest 24-hour sports network (behind ESPN) offering a wide variety of major event and studio programming, covering approximately 5,000 annual live and/or original hours of MLB, the NBA, college football and college basketball. Available on Channel 729. Digital HD converter required.
• TMC in HD – The Movie Channel offers first-run films from Hollywood, blockbusters, independent films, behind-the-scenes features and film facts. Available on Channel 778, Staten Island only. Digital HD converter required.
Two new Local Video On Demand channels are being added that focus on community events:
• Mount Vernon On Demand – offers 24-hours of local news, sports, education shows and special events highlighting the Mount Vernon community. Available on Channel 1111, Mount Vernon only.
• NYC On Demand – 24-hours of local news, sports, education shows and special events around Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens. Available on Channel 1111, Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens only.
For a complete channel listing, or to order Time Warner Cable service, call 1.800.OK.Cable or visit www.timewarnercable.com/nynj.
About Time Warner Cable of New York and New Jersey
Time Warner Cable of New York and New Jersey serves over 1.4 million customers in four NYC boroughs (Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and western Brooklyn), Mt. Vernon, Hudson Valley (Orange, Sullivan, Ulster Counties and parts of Dutchess, Greene and Delaware Counties) and Bergen and Hudson Counties, New Jersey. Visit timewarnercable.com/nynj.
Our parent company, Time Warner Cable owns and manages cable systems passing approximately 26 million homes in 33 states. The Company has 14.6 million customers for its various products, including video, high-speed data and residential telephone. This includes approximately 13.4 million basic video subscribers and more than 6 million customers who purchase more than one product. Time Warner Cable includes some of the most technologically advanced and best-clustered cable systems in the country, with nearly 85 percent of the Company’s customers located in five geographic regions: New York, Texas, Ohio, the Carolinas and southern California. It is the largest cable provider in the nation’s two largest cities, Los Angeles and New York. Leveraging its leadership in innovation and quality customer care, Time Warner Cable delivers advanced products and services such as video-on-demand, high-definition television, digital video recorders, high-speed data and Digital Phone.