New York, NY – August 29, 2007 – Beginning tomorrow, Time Warner Cable of New York & New Jersey will offer the following channels to all digital customers:
- CaribeVision (Channel 804) – provides Spanish language programming including novellas, variety shows, entertainment, sports, educational, news and children’s programming.
- ESPN U (Channel 170) – is a 24-hour college sports network featuring extensive studio programming and live coverage of games including college football, college basketball and other Olympic sports from over 20 Division I conferences.
- Jewelry TV (Channel 151) – offers fine jewelry, watches, loose gemstones, jewelry-making tools and related books. Available in New Jersey, Hudson Valley and Mount Vernon only.
- Russia Today (Channel 135 in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Mount Vernon and New Jersey; channel 139 in Hudson Valley) – highlights dynamic events taking place in modern day Russia with expert views on economics, politics, social issues, arts, cultural and more (all programming is in English).
The following Free On Demand channels will be available to digital customers in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Mount Vernon and New Jersey:
- Entertainment On Demand (Channel 1005) – features programming from BET, Comedy Central, Fox Reality, MTV, The N, and VH1.
- Kids Preschool On Demand (Channel 1004) – features programming for preschoolers from BBC Kids, Noggin, and Sprout.
The following Premium channels will be available to all customers:
- ETTV News (Channel 587) – is a 24-hour news channel providing local and community news, current events, stock market coverage and analysis of international economic news from Taiwan's top anchors. Available for $9.95 per month.
- ET NY (Channel 585) – offers 24-hour domestic and international news and current affairs from Taiwan, China and Asia, all in Mandarin. Available for $9.95 per month.
- Phoenix TV (Channel 584) – features Hong Kong-based Mandarin Chinese programming including news and entertainment programs within the Greater China region. Available for $9.95 per month.
- TV Asia (Channel 569) – offers diverse programming in Hindi, English, Gujarati and other regional languages. TV Asia features South Asian-American local community news, educational programs, dramas, music, movies and more. Available for $14.95 per month.
The following HD channels will be available in Staten Island:
- Food Network in HD (Channel 751) – features new recipes, innovative cooking techniques, ideas for family meals and the latest healthy alternative and America's top chefs.
- HGTV in HD (Channel 764) – features home builders, decorators, gardeners and craft experts providing practical information to help viewers make the most of their lives at home. HGTV features creative ideas, helpful hints and how-to information.
The following digital channels will be available in Mount Vernon:
- Animal Planet (Channel 86) – offers programming that connects humans and animals featuring a variety of humor, competition, drama and spectacle from the animal kingdom.
- TV Land (Channel 85) – is a 24-hour network that showcases the best television dramas, Westerns, sitcoms and variety shows from the 1950’s through the 1980’s.
The following digital channel will be available in Staten Island and New Jersey:
- BET J (Channel 96 in Staten Island; channel 89 in New Jersey) – features the varied cultural genres of the contemporary African-American experience including blues, soul, R&B, Caribbean and neo-soul music as well as jazz.
For a complete channel listing go here, or to order Time Warner Cable service call 1.800.OKCable.
About Time Warner Cable of New York and New Jersey
Time Warner Cable of New York and New Jersey serves over 1.4 million customers in four NYC boroughs (Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and western Brooklyn), Mt. Vernon, Hudson Valley (Orange, Sullivan, Ulster Counties and parts of Dutchess, Greene and Delaware Counties) and Bergen and Hudson Counties, New Jersey. Visit timewarnercable.com/nynj.
Our parent company, Time Warner Cable, owns and manages cable systems passing approximately 26 million homes in 33 states. Headquartered in New York City, Time Warner Cable has 14.7 million customers for its various products, including video, high-speed data and residential telephone. This includes approximately 13.4 million basic video subscribers and more than 6.5 million customers who purchase more than one product. Time Warner Cable includes some of the most technologically advanced and best-clustered cable systems in the country, with nearly 85 percent of the Company’s customers located in five geographic regions: New York, Texas, Ohio, the Carolinas and southern California. It is the largest cable provider in the nation’s two largest cities, Los Angeles and New York. Leveraging its leadership in innovation and quality customer care, Time Warner Cable delivers advanced products and services such as video-on-demand, high-definition television, digital video recorders, high-speed data and Digital Phone.