Beginning tomorrow, Time Warner Cable of New York and New Jersey will offer ReelzChannel to all digital customers. ReelzChannel features 24-hour movie news and information, interviews with Hollywood stars, behind-the-scenes footage and exclusive stories surrounding the film industry. Available on Channel 131.
Five new high definition channels will be offered to all digital customers in Staten Island:
- Animal Planet HD – offers a full range of 24-hour animal programming including wildlife documentaries, pet care know-how, drama, family entertainment, event reportage and classic TV. Available on Channel 786.
- Discovery HD – features exclusive programs from Discovery’s worldwide library of content focused primarily on popular science, technology, anthropology and history, in addition to original programming such as “Discovery ATLAS” and “Fantastic Festivals of the World." Available on Channel 766.
- The Learning Channel HD – features documentaries on history, human behavior and science, commercial-free programs for preschoolers and "how-to" programs featuring expert advice from the pros on cooking, gardening and home improvement, including “Trading Space” and “Junkyard Wars." Available on Channel 752.
- NY1 HD – Time Warner Cable’s 24-hour news channel in New York City. Available exclusively on Time Warner Cable, NY1 covers the city's five boroughs with more than 25 full-time reporters. Available on Channel 701.
- Science Channel HD – features science-related television programs covering all aspects of science including space, technology, prehistory and animals. Available on Channel 775.
An HD digital converter is required to receive HD channels. For a complete channel listing, or to order Time Warner Cable service, call 1-800-OK-CABLE or visit www.timewarnercable.com/nynj.
About Time Warner Cable
Time Warner Cable of New York and New Jersey serves over 1.4 million customers in four NYC boroughs (Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and western Brooklyn), Mt. Vernon, Hudson Valley (Orange, Sullivan, Ulster Counties and parts of Dutchess, Greene and Delaware Counties) and Bergen and Hudson Counties, New Jersey. Visit timewarnercable.com/nynj.
Time Warner Cable owns and manages cable systems passing approximately 26 million homes in 33 states. The Company has 14.6 million customers for its various products, including video, high-speed data and residential telephone. This includes approximately 13.4 million basic video subscribers and more than 6 million customers who purchase more than one product. Time Warner Cable includes some of the most technologically advanced and best-clustered cable systems in the country, with nearly 85 percent of the Company’s customers located in five geographic regions: New York, Texas, Ohio, the Carolinas and southern California. It is the largest cable provider in the nation’s two largest cities, Los Angeles and New York. Leveraging its leadership in innovation and quality customer care, Time Warner Cable delivers advanced products and services such as video-on-demand, high-definition television, digital video recorders, high-speed data and Digital Phone.