(New York, N.Y.) — Time Warner Cable (NYSE: TWC) today unveils its new SignatureHome™ offering, delivering the most comprehensive triple play service connecting in-home entertainment, information and technology. Along with the company’s most robust digital cable package, fastest Internet service and digital home phone product, the package features conveniences such as Whole House DVR, Remote DVR Manager, Wireless Home Networking for up to 14 devices, and VoiceZone on PC, which allows retrieval of voice messages online.
In addition to combining customers’ most-valued features, SignatureHome™ caters to a growing residential market segment that places a premium on personalized service, installation and care. SignatureHome™ customers are assigned a specially trained team of SignatureService agents, including both Personal Solutions Advisors (PSA) and Connections Specialists. PSAs, who can be reached via a dedicated SignatureHome™ phone line or priority online chat, will field all SignatureHome™ customer inquiries, work with customers to customize their connectivity needs, and schedule a convenient reservation with a Connections Specialist.
The Connections Specialist will be available to spend the necessary* time to ensure that seamless connectivity is achieved and the customer receives an unparalleled, in-home service experience. For instance, a Connections Specialist is just as concerned with cleanliness as she or he is with connectivity. All Connections Specialists will arrive with a kit that includes shoe covers to further maintain the cleanliness of customer homes.
“We have listened to what our customers want and are responding to their needs with a tailored selection of offerings that feature the best of the best in both technology and service,” said Glenn Britt, CEO of Time Warner Cable, the second-largest cable operator. “We believe that SignatureHome™ will give our customers a distinct experience, enabling them seamless control over multiple technical aspects of their home while ensuring each lifestyle is given the attention and service it deserves.”
SignatureHome™ was test-marketed in Charlotte, N.C., during Q3 2010. The test revealed the most-valued technical features and customer service needs that drive preference among this market segment. To support the company’s marketing efforts in the national rollout of SignatureHome™, the brand is hosting a national press event in New York City on Dec. 8 and 9, where members of the media can experience SignatureHome™ firsthand by entering a room-by-room immersion of key features, led by one of Time Warner Cable’s specially trained PSAs.
The SignatureHome™ Difference: Added Value and Enhanced Experience
SignatureHome™ includes the following features in its premier, all-inclusive offering:
- Signature Service – SignatureHome™ service begins with a call to one of our PSAs, who will ensure a Connections Specialist is then deployed to the customer’s home in a timely manner. Connections Specialists will install all services and equipment and then assess additional connectivity issues and solutions based on individual homes and customer lifestyles.
- Whole House DVR – allows customers to record up to four channels at one time, enables them to record a TV show and play it back in any room in the house, and provides the capacity to store up to 150 hours of HD content.
- Wideband – the fastest residential High Speed Online (HSO) tier offered by Time Warner Cable with download speeds of up to 50 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 5 Mbps, or the fastest tier offered by Time Warner Cable in the area.
- Remote DVR Manager – a Web-based program that lets customers manage their in-home DVR set-top box from anywhere, through an Internet-connected PC, Mac or mobile phone.
- Look Back – allows customers the ability to watch prime time shows up to 72 hours later, even if they are not previously recorded on a DVR, to ensure customers never miss their favorite shows.
- Start Over – enables customers to restart a show already in progress, even if it was not previously recorded on a DVR.
- VoiceZone on PC – enables customers to access and manage voice messages and phone settings online.
- Wireless Home Networking – allows customers to connect wirelessly to the Internet through a special wireless router so that customers can access the Internet from almost anywhere in the home.
- Digital Home Phone with Unlimited Nationwide Calling – an easy-to-use, reliable service that enables customers to call anyone, anytime in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, and includes popular features at a value price point.
- Caller ID on TV/PC – enables customers to instantly see who is calling them at home.
Availability of SignatureHome™
Time Warner Cable’s SignatureHome™ offering is being rolled out nationwide in December in areas that have the capability to launch Whole House DVR.
*Connections Specialists dedicate a three-hour window to resolving SignatureHome™ customer issues and connecting their home.
About Time Warner Cable
Time Warner Cable is the second-largest cable operator in the U.S., with technologically advanced, well-clustered systems located in five geographic areas -- New York State (including New York City), the Carolinas, Ohio, Southern California (including Los Angeles) and Texas. Time Warner Cable serves more than 14.7 million customers who subscribe to one or more of its video, high-speed data and voice services. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers a suite of phone, Internet, Ethernet and cable television services to businesses of all sizes. Time Warner Cable Media Sales, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions that are targeted and affordable. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.timewarnercable.com, www.twcbc.com and www.twcmediasales.com. Time Warner Inc., a global leader in media and entertainment with businesses in television networks, filmed entertainment and publishing, uses its industry-leading operating scale and brands to create, package and deliver high-quality content worldwide through multiple distribution outlets.