(New York, NY) – Time Warner Cable today announced the launch of the TWC TV™ app for Android smartphones. The free app allows Digital TV customers to search program listings by title or episode name, browse network schedules, set favorite channels and even program their DVR right from their smartphone. The app is available to video customers at the standard (expanded basic) level or higher, with at least one compatible Navigator set-top box or DVR. Analog (cable ready) customers and those with Motorola set-top boxes or DVRs running iGuide are not supported.
Features on TWC TV™ 1.0 for the Android smartphone include:
- Interactive Program Guide (IPG) – up to 7 days of TV listings, optimized for display on smartphone screens in one-hour time blocks
- Network Schedule view – Tap on a network logo from the IPG and see the schedule for a specific network
- Search – search TV listings by title or episode name
- Remote Control of STB – the ability to use the Android smartphone as a set-top box remote control, choosing a program from the grid guide and tuning the DVR or set-top box to the selected channel
- DVR Manager – the ability to remotely schedule or change upcoming DVR recordings
Customers can download TWC TV™ 1.0 from the Android Market, launch it, log in and scroll through the interactive program guide to select preferred programming, or tap the search icon to find shows by title.
For more information on the app, please visit the Time Warner Cable Untangled blog at www.twcableuntangled.com.
About Time Warner Cable
Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE: TWC) is among the largest providers of video, high-speed data and phone services in the United States, connecting more than 14 million customers to entertainment, information and each other. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers data, video and phone services to businesses of all sizes, cell tower backhaul services to wireless carriers, and through its NaviSite subsidiary, enterprise-class hosting, managed application, messaging and cloud services. Time Warner Cable Media, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.timewarnercable.com, www.twcbc.com, www.navisite.com, and www.twcmedia.com.