NEW YORK, NY, February 11, 2015 – Time Warner Cable (TWC) IntelligentHome customers can now purchase lifestyle devices like smart door locks, smart light bulbs and smart in-wall light switches and add them to their TWC IntelligentHome system. These devices can be self-installed and integrate easily with Time Warner Cable’s open, flexible platform delivering a fully unified experience.
“With the explosion of new, connected devices in the marketplace, we’ve built our IntelligentHome platform to be as open and flexible as possible,” said Adam Mayer, VP of Time Warner Cable IntelligentHome. “We want our customers to be able to seamlessly integrate the devices they want the most. The new self-install door lock and lighting features available online are just a sampling of what’s possible with the interconnected smart home operating on an open and flexible platform.”
Using the touchscreen, customers simply follow the pairing instructions included with the device to wirelessly connect it to their IntelligentHome system. The following smart devices can be purchased online from Best Buy.
- Kwikset SmartCode® door lock. Provides keyless entry with personalized codes, the ability to set the system to automatically lock the door when IntelligentHome is armed; and lock or unlock the door remotely using the IntelligentHome app or via the secure customer Web site.
- LG Electronics Wireless LED Smart light bulb. Wireless and energy efficient, lasting up to 22 years with regular use. Remotely dim or turn lamps and light fixtures on and off when you’re away. Can be used in the most common household lamp and light fixtures.
- GE® Zigbee® in-wall light switch. Replaces your current in-wall switch using your existing wiring. Making your overhead and in-wall lighting smart. Wireless technology included with the switch lets you control lighting using your laptop, IntelligentHome touchscreen or smart phone. Create settings that automatically turn on and off lights based on a schedule.
New IntelligentHome Pricing And Packaging
Earlier this year Time Warner Cable unveiled simplified IntelligentHome packages and pricing designed to offer options to best meet specific customer needs. The new packages include:
- Security – includes touchscreen, two door/window sensors and one motion, glass break detector or an additional door/window sensor, for a one-time equipment charge of $99.99
- Security & Energy – includes all Security package elements plus one thermostat, for a one-time equipment charge of $149.99
- Security & Video View – includes all Security package elements plus one indoor/outdoor camera, for a one-time equipment charge of $149.99
- Security, Video View & Energy – includes all Security package elements plus one thermostat and one indoor/outdoor camera, for a one-time equipment charge of $199.99
Customers also may add a variety of a la carte equipment options, such as additional sensors, cameras, lights and other safety devices to create a customized home automation solution to meet their needs and budget. IntelligentHome is available starting at $39.99 per month and requires Time Warner Cable Internet service.
To learn more about IntelligentHome, visit: www.twc.com/intelligenthome.
About Time Warner Cable
Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE: TWC) is among the largest providers of video, high-speed data and voice services in the United States, connecting 15 million customers to entertainment, information and each other. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers data, video and voice services to businesses of all sizes, cell tower backhaul services to wireless carriers and enterprise-class, cloud-enabled hosting, managed applications and services. Time Warner Cable Media, the advertising sales arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.twc.com, www.twcbc.com and www.twcmedia.com.
Judy Barbao | firstname.lastname@example.org | (614) 481-5389