New York City, July 23, 2013 – Time Warner Cable today officially launched TWC Central, replacing the former Road Runner website as a new and premier destination that seamlessly connects customers to news, entertainment, information, social networking, and simple and easy access to Time Warner Cable products and services. The new portal features a sleek design, seamless navigation and is fully aligned with the overall Time Warner Cable brand experience.
"Our former Road Runner portal was a very popular online destination among Time Warner Cable’s Internet customers. TWC Central enhances our offering and broadens its focus to become a valuable resource for all customers," said Steven Cook, Time Warner Cable’s Senior Vice President and General Manager of High-Speed Data. "The new portal offers more content, utilities and features that allow our customers to connect with news, information, and each other."
In addition to the consumer benefits, TWC Central's design will give advertisers new advertising opportunities such as photo galleries, new webmail and banner ad positions, such as 300 x 600 banners. These will be added to the existing opportunities, including high-impact rich-media ads, such as peel back, pushdown, wallpaper, webmail sponsorship, in-banner listing and in-banner video.
"Time Warner Cable Media is excited about the new engagement opportunities TWC Central will afford our clients," said Joan Gillman, Time Warner Cable Media Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer. "As the largest Time Warner Cable web property, this enhanced portal provides clients with a scalable way to deliver their message on a local level."
With more than 5.7 million visitors per month, TWC Central will offer access to unique and original news headlines, interactive TV listings, live streaming television, photo galleries, videos, access to email and much more. Key features of the new portal include:
- News, Entertainment and Sports – Access popular and timely news and entertainment headlines, along with original content available only from TWC Central.
- Products and Services – One-click access to TWC Mail (email), TWC.com, Time Warner Cable Business Class, Time Warner Cable Media, MyServices, Search, Help, apps, How-to Videos, DVR manager and VoiceZone for Home Phone. Customers can access live TV with TWCTV.com outside of the home to watch more than 1,100 hours of On Demand TV shows and movies from 25 top-rated networks, and up to eight live TV news, sports and entertainment channels.
- Interactive TV listings – Check local TV listings, view show details, cast information, and create a personalized TV schedule.
- Better Social Networking – Personalize the TWC Central experience and log in with social media credentials to comment, share, rate, review and chat with users.
- Time Warner Cable News – Learn about new channels, features, sweepstakes and other information related to Time Warner Cable.
"While TWC Central serves as a go-to resource for Time Warner Cable customers, the portal offers something for everyone. We hope our users enjoy this new personalized and interactive online experience," added Cook.