If you'd like to purchase your own modem for your Internet service and you have both TWC/EarthLink Internet and Home Phone service, follow the steps below.
1. Select a modem from the list of TWC tested and approved modems.
2. Buy your modem at a local retailer or online.
Note: You will need a TWC-provided eMTA for your Home Phone service.
3. Connect your purchased modem at home using the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
Note: You will need an additional cable connection for your new, purchased modem. If you do not already have an additional cable connection, buy a two-way, 5-1000MHz coaxial cable splitter and two pieces of coaxial cable with connectors.
4. Remove the existing cable connection from the back of the eMTA, and connect it to the Input connection on the splitter.
5. Connect one end of the first new coaxial cable to one of the splitter Outputs, and connect the other end of that same cable to the eMTA.
6. Connect one end of the second new coaxial cable to the other splitter Output, and connect the other end of that same cable to the modem.
7. Locate the Cable Modem ID (MAC address) for your new modem, usually found on the bottom of the modem.
8. Contact us to activate your new modem:
• Call 1-800-892-2253 to reach an agent.
• Chat online with an agent – select option Buy/Lease Modem.
9. Provide the agent with the Cable Modem ID (MAC address) for your new modem.
10. The agent will activate the new modem on your account.