- Click the Start button, then Control Panel, then System and Maintenance, and last, click System.
- Under System, you can view the processor type and speed, as well as the number of processors installed, if your computer uses multiple processors.
To check your computer's processor type and speed:
- Click the Start button, then click Control Panel.
- Select System. When you clik on the General tab in the computer section, you can see the processor type and speed.
Windows 7 - Checking Processor Type and Speed
- Open the Start Menu and click the Computer button.
- Select Control Panel, then click System and Security.
- Select System, then click View amount of RAM and processor speed.
- You'll see a window reading View basic information about your computer.
- Scroll down the list in the right frame until you locate Processor: under the System section.