Phone FAQs

What is "Slamming?" What do I do if my phone service is changed without my consent?

"Slamming" is any practice that changes your local or long distance telephone company without your consent. It is unfair competition that robs you of your right to choose companies and it can happen without your knowledge.

If your local or long distance service with us is switched without your permission, please contact us and we will restore your service.

You may also want to report the incident to either your local Public Service Commission (call 611 for the number), or the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) at 1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322) or