If you have a digital Set-Top Box with digital cable service:
- Press the SETTINGS button on your remote.
- Scroll left or right to the Quick Settings category.
- Scroll down to select the Closed Captioning option and press SELECT.
- Scroll up or down to highlight On, On with Mute, or Off and press SELECT.
- With your Set-Top Box currently on, push the POWER button on your Set-Top Box to turn it off.
- Immediately—within one second—push the MENU button on your remote. You should see a User Settings menu screen displayed.
- Use the arrows keys on the remote to highlight the Closed Caption option and press OK or SELECT on your remote to toggle Enable/Disable.
- Power on the Set-Top Box to return to watching TV.
Otherwise, if you have basic cable, please consult your television’s user manual for instructions to turn on/off closed captioning.
If you are still having issues, please contact us. Be sure to select ‘Closed Captioning’ in the drop down menu on the Chat or Email forms.