The Stretch and Zoom functions allow you to remove the black bands that appear on your screen when you're watching some programming. Stretch stretches the image to fill your screen and can cause some distortion of the image. Zoom zooms the image, cutting off part of the original picture.
To use the Stretch and Zoom functions, your Set-Top Box needs to be set to FIXED mode:
- Press the SETTINGS button on your remote control twice.
- Scroll down to the heading SET: PICTURE FORMAT and press SELECT.
- Highlight the option for FIXED and press SELECT.
- Press the EXIT button on your remote control.
- Now that your Set-Top Box is in FIXED mode, use the # button to Stretch and Zoom the picture.
- Another option is to press the SETTINGS button on your remote once to bring up the quick settings menu and scroll down to where it says PICTURE SIZE. Use the right arrow key on your remote to select between Normal, Stretch or Zoom modes.