Lease a Modem from TWC®
- We provide the appropriate modem for your Internet service plan and speed tier.
- Optimal security setting is set by default.
- TWC® makes upgraded equipment available to you at no additional cost if we update Internet plan speeds and when technology improves.
- Technical support for your modem is guaranteed and available 24/7.
- A monthly lease fee applies.
- Return equipment if you cancel your service.
- TWC leased modem information and support pages
Buy Your Own Modem
- Purchase your modem from a local or online retailer.
- You are responsible for security settings on your wireless network.
- You may have to purchase a new modem to optimize performance whenever TWC® upgrades its speed tiers.
- TWC technical support for purchased modems is not provided. You are responsible for the modem if it malfunctions.
- No monthly lease fee.
- TWC Internet customers are required to use an authorized device that will not cause harm to the TWC network.
How to Purchase a Modem in Retail
Know Your Internet Plan
In order to choose a compatible modem, you need to know your Internet plan name or the speed it can accommodate. You can find the name of your plan on your bill.
Choose the Right Modem
All modems on this page support IPv6, unless otherwise noted, and are compatible with TWC Internet service. You will experience the best performance if you select a modem that is recommended to support the speed of your Internet plan. Modems supporting a higher speed than your subscribed speed will also work.*
*Manufacturer’s stated maximum speed is based on technical capability under optimal testing conditions and is higher than actual usable speed, which is impacted by network traffic, an individual's speed plan and other variables. The appropriate TWC-recommended modem is required for the best possible experience of TWC speed plans. Actual speeds may vary.
Prepare for the Future
Time Warner Cable is committed to providing the best Internet experience possible. We are constantly making improvements to our network and infrastructure that enable us to deliver enhanced products and services with even greater reliability and speed. Ultra-fast Internet speeds up to 300Mbps are already available in some TWC locations and are coming soon to many more. When choosing a modem for purchase, we recommend that you select a modem that's optimized for the present and the future, in the event that TWC upgrades your current speed plan or you later choose to subscribe to a higher speed plan.
What Can I Do Next?
Make sure you have the best plan for your needs, whether you’re adding Internet service or want to upgrade.
Purchase Your Modem
Time Warner Cable does not sell Internet modems. You can purchase a new modem from an online retailer or at your local retail store.
Activate Your Modem
After you have purchased and connected your modem, you’ll need to activate it.