Program your Time Warner Cable remote to control your TV using the instructions below. There are two common ways to program your TWC remote to work with your TV and other devices, such as your DVD, DVR, etc.
Auto-Search Method (recommended)
Program your remote by displaying the code that works with your TV. This option scans through all of the codes in the remote control, one at a time, allowing you to identify the correct code.
Program your remote by looking up and then entering a code that corresponds with your TV brand.
Auto-Search Method (recommended)
The Auto-Search Method scans through all of the codes in the TWC remote control, one at a time, allowing you to identify the correct code. Follow these steps:
Turn on your TV and set it to the proper channel (3 or 4) or the HDMI input to match the output selected on the back of the adapter.
Press and hold the PROG and TV POWER buttons simultaneously until the LED turns on, then release both buttons.
Press the TV POWER button to enter automatic search mode. The remote control will transmit a new code every 1.5 seconds, and the LED will blink at the same time. When your TV turns off, the remote control has found a valid code.
Press the PROG button immediately to store the code.
To confirm that you have successfully programmed your remote, press TV POWER. If your TV turns on, your remote is ready to use.
You can set up the TWC remote control by entering a code that corresponds with your device’s brand. Using the filters below, select a device and a corresponding brand to see applicable codes.
If your brand is not listed, please open the PDF version of the manual to find your code then follow the instructions below.
Find your device codes using the dropdown options above, then follow these steps:
- Turn on the device, such as your TV, that you want the remote to operate.
- On your remote, press the corresponding device button [such as TV, DVD, CBL] and the OK/SEL buttons simultaneously for three seconds. The device LED will light indicating that it is ready to be programmed
Note: The LED will remain on for 30 seconds and the next step must be completed while it is on.
- Point the remote at your device and enter a number assigned to your brand. If there is more than one code for your brand, try one code at a time until your device turns off. Note: Pause one second between entering each number of the code.
- Verify that the correct code has been selected by pressing the POWER button. Your device should turn back on. If it does, try changing the channel to verify programming was successful.
- Press the device button to store the code. The device LED will blink twice to confirm the code has been stored.
By default, volume controls (VOL-, VOL+ and MUTE) are assigned to control your Digital Adapter. To assign those buttons to control your TV:
Press and hold the PROG and TV POWER buttons simultaneously until the LED turns on.
Release both buttons.
Note: To restore volume control to the digital adapter, repeat the above steps but press VOL- in step 3.
Commonly Used Buttons
Understanding the buttons on your Digital Adapter remote is essential to unlocking its full potential.
Buttons may vary by remote brand and model. Some Digital Adapter remote buttons might not have any functionality.
If your TWC remote begins to malfunction, your batteries might need to be replaced.
Remove the battery cover on the back of your remote and take out the old batteries.
Carefully install two new AAA batteries as shown in the illustration inside the battery cover.
Replace the battery cover.
Note: New batteries must be installed within two minutes of removal to retain programmed TV code.