Program your remote to control your TV using the instructions below. There are two common ways to program your remote to work with your TV and audio device.
Quick Set-Up Method
Program your remote by using a one-digit code associated with popular brands.
Program your remote by looking up and then entering a code that corresponds with your TV brand.
Quick Set-Up Method
The Quick Set-Up Method enables programming your remote by using a one-digit code associated with popular brands.
First, find your TV brand and its corresponding one-digit code, then follow the steps below.
Follow these steps:
- Ensure that your TV is powered on.
- Simultaneously press and hold the MENU and OK keys on the remote until the INPUT key blinks twice.
- Press and release the TV POWER key once.
- Find your TV brand in the chart above and note the digit that relates to your TV brand. Press and hold down the digit key.
- Release the digit key when the TV turns off. Setup is complete.
Note: While holding the digit key, the remote will test for the working IR code, causing the INPUT key to flash each time it tests a new code.
If your remote does not control your component after following the steps above, try the Manual method.
You can set up the remote by entering a code that corresponds with your device’s brand. Using the filters below, select a device and a corresponding brand to see applicable codes.
If your brand is not listed, please open the PDF version of the manual to find your code then follow the instructions below.
Find your device codes using the dropdown options above, then follow these steps:
- Ensure that your TV and/or audio device is powered on.
- Simultaneously press and hold MENU and OK keys on remote until the INPUT key blinks twice.
- Enter the 1st code listed for your brand. The INPUT key will blink twice to confirm once complete.
- Test your TV and/or audio device’s volume and power functions. If the device responds as expected, setup is complete. If not, repeat this process using the next code listed for your brand.
Commonly Used Buttons
Understanding the buttons on your remote is essential to unlocking its full potential.
Buttons may vary by remote brand and model.
- Apply pressure with your thumb and slide the battery door for removal.
- Insert 2 AA batteries. Match the + and − marks on the batteries with the illustration inside the battery cover.
- Slide the battery door back into place.